Auto insurance protects you against financial loss in the event you have an ACCIDENT. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You AGREE to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance PROVIDES property, liability, and medical coverage in the following ways:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. In some cases, most states require you to buy some of these coverages. Be sure to check with your state requirements to ensure YOU have adequate coverage. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
- Damage to Your Auto - Collision from hitting another vehicle or property or comprehensive coverage to protect against LOSSES such as flood, theft, or vandalism.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage(UM/UIM)- coverage that protects you if you're involved in an accident with someone who does not have Liability insurance or does not have enough liability insurance to pay for your damages.
- Liability Coverage - is the BASIC insurance coverage that covers injuries or damage to other people or property if you're at fault for an accident.
- Medical Payments - generally pays for medical costs after you are HURT in a car accident, regardless of who is found at fault for the accident.
- Personal Injury Protection(PIP) - a COMPONENT of auto insurance that covers medical expenses regardless of who's at fault, and often includes lost wages.
- Rental Reimbursement - is a type of optional car insurance coverage that helps pay for the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired after a car accident or after suffering damages that are COVERED through your car insurance policy.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really ALL about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
IMPORTANT questions to ask your Robust Financial agents:
- Q. How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- Q. What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- Q. What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- Q. What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Our agents go the extra mile to ENSURE you are properly covered….Speak with a licensed professional today or get a quote NOW to save up to 30% on your auto insurance!